Advertisement

Kratom for pain

topic posted Wed, August 27, 2008 - 9:02 PM by  kim
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hello, totally new to this group...I've been researching herbal pain remedies that mimic opioids. I have a chronic pain problem that I only need to medicate once a month, but would like to find an alternate version to synthetic painkillers. I've read about Kratom - has anyone used this for pain management? If not, is there another suggestion? thanks much!
posted by:
kim
offline kim
Nashville
Advertisement
  • kim
    kim
    offline 0

Re: Kratom for pain

Wed, August 27, 2008 - 9:08 PM
    oh, after reading a bit I thought i should clarify. I'm not looking for an hallucegenic effect. (where is the spellchecker on this thing?) I do however, like the little warm buzz that comes along with killing my pain...but, my pain can be severe - fortunately for only a few days a month...so definitely need something that can kill the pain, or numb it. If I ask my doc for additional meds, she will label me a pill seeker which I am not, and do not wish to be.
    any guidance is appreciated.
    • Re: Kratom for pain

Fri, September 12, 2008 - 10:28 PM
      Imho, kratom will knock out some minor pain, but that's it. It does give a buzz, but for painkilling, unfortunately, you will need alternative treatment, or opiods.

Fri, September 19, 2008 - 11:24 PM
        Chinese have had opium for a long time but it is not listed as a treatment for pain in the materia medica. It masks pain but does not treat the source. poppy is in the materia medica but as an astringent to aid resperation and gut absorbtion for acute disorders IN COMBINATION with other herbs that address the source. It is interesting to not that a large part of the herbal components used in traditional Chinese medicines are classified as "Blood movers" and that this class of herb is typically rich in flavonoids. Kratom can contain up to 20 times the amount of flavonoids contained in green tea.
        Rhynchophylline is an alkaloid that is found in varying degrees in kratom sub species and is a verified NMDA antagonist meaning that it can reduce tolerance to opioids as well as potentiate them, not to mention being one of the few verified classes of addiction disruptor.
        en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhynchophylline
        en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NMDA_antagonist

I understand that people love what is familiar but there is FAR more promise to this plant then the folks at purple sticky represent it. This medicine is one of the great treasure chests to natural pharmacy like Rauwolfia was in the fifties.

Sat, September 20, 2008 - 3:00 PM
          I am interested in these addiction disruptors, especially for opiates and nicotine. I do not smoke, but.... anyways I think this purple sticky outfit and others like it will eventually get Kratom banned. Too blatant, and overstating it's intoxicating effects. After Salvia, the government is looking out for new and strange herbs that could "destroy society", Lol. It is on the DEA watchlist, been there, seen it. The're onto us. Just as soon as some kid does something crazy, as kids will do regardless, and they find Kratom is his room or pocket, all hell will break loose. So what if it helps people get off heroin and oxy, etc. Big pharm can't sell it.

Sat, October 25, 2008 - 2:14 AM
            I am going to go out on a limb here' personal experience'

Ibogaine binds to the kappa et Mu opiod receptors' the same as opiates'
            As of when Ibogaine is converted to 12 hydroxy-ibogamine it has less affinity to the Kappa' greater affi nity to the Mu'
            Substances like Buprenorphine only bond to the Mu'
            Kratom amongst other things' stimulates the adrenal system' and has weak bonding to the kappa' along with some bonding to the Mu'
            NMDA antagonsist the same as Iboga'

Be very careful of dose now' but mix Kratom with Iboga' your whole body goes numb' meaning the pain reception of the brain is greatly deminished'
            I suffer sciatica of which is worse in the winter'
            A good cup of Aya cures the bind on the nerve for about two months'
            Kratom touches it and makes it bareable' Iboga gives relief' but also gets you wired'
            Katom and Iboga' although very uncomfortable until you get your liver to convet the Ibogaine to Ibogamine' works a treat'

12 hydroxy-ibogamine and kratom in very small doses' working at building up the ibogamine levels and also stymulating the adrenergic + sigma recetors' works incredibly well'

Just my twenty on pain mangement without becoming addicted'

Bless

Nobunoni +

Enjoy the freedom whilst you can' then just do your own thing in private and fuck governments in the ass'

Ez

I have no apology for my last comment' Fuck em !!!
            • This post was deleted by Parad

Mon, November 2, 2009 - 7:29 PM
                I have recently been using Oxycodone and Dilaudid for pain associated with Crohns and auto-immune pancreatitis. I am wondering how well Kratom would work for pain management of Crohns. The analgesic properties is one thing to consider, but I also would like an opinion on whether it would increase or decrease peristalsis. Slowing down digestion is actually a very welcome side effect of the poppy and I wonder how hard it would be on my stomach to ingest and how much relief I could get.
                • Unsu...

Mon, November 2, 2009 - 8:29 PM
                  its hot and drying.

adjust accordingly with yin tonics, and things to accomodate the movement of heat, like in TCM.
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Tue, November 3, 2009 - 5:20 AM
                    If you're taking oxy and dilaudid, you will not feel the Kratom at all. I know- I used them all. Only when you drop you opiate dose real real low will you feel the tomtom.

Mon, November 9, 2009 - 5:25 PM
                  I know that kratom can deplete some of you potassium and I know that the pancreas often can benefit from a bit of bicarbonates so if there was a way to find a dilute potassium bicarb I bet that would help compensate for the K depletion and help you recover at the same time. Just a thought.

Sat, November 24, 2012 - 3:13 AM
                  I suggest that you give it a try.It is very safe and inexpensive.Also,it is not very expensive.You really have nothing to lose except a few dollars.Maeng Da is supposedly the most potent for pain.Keep in mind that small doses are stimulating,whereas al arger dose would be more effective for pain.Kratom may also help you withdraw from the opiates without so much discomfort.The Asians have been using kratom for opium/heroin withdrawal for hundreds of years.I hope this helps
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Sat, November 24, 2012 - 3:16 AM
                    pardon the lack of proof-reading in my previous reply.It is very affordable.My mother even uses it for her pain and depression and she is almost 80 y/o.She is off of her prescription meds now

Mon, August 13, 2012 - 11:02 AM
              It's too bad iboga / ibogaine is already illegal in some places.

Am I the only one who finds it very highly suspicious that the BEST known treatments for massive addiction out there are not only banned, but not really studied or known in the united states?

Canada has ibogaine clinics, for fuck sake.

I think they should make new laws, that treatment-type (as opposed to cure-type) medications have to be sold so cheaply. Pennies on the dollar as compared to now. I think our current system incentivizes the creation of poor or inefficient treatments, with high side-effect profiles, as opposed to treatments that cure, or are highly effective.

Whoever said "money is the root of all evil" probably knew some people with a lot of it.

Sun, November 22, 2009 - 7:44 AM
      In my experience, Kratom doesn't, or I should say hasn't ever had any kind of hallucinogenic action with me. It take a littler while to figure out the correct type of Kratom and the correct dosage, but after that its much easier to use. Different people have different chemistries and are seeking for different purposes. I use kratom before i get out of bed, by putting it on my nightstand then hitting the snooze button after i take it. I wake up by the time its starting to ease the morning pains. The type of kratom i take requires i take 8-10 capsules, but thats easy now. Hope this helps a little!

Fri, November 27, 2009 - 9:21 PM
      Cory, that is a generous offer, we need more good folks who are passionate about kratom here. The one thing we are particular about is that all posts with commercial links need to be posted in the "listings" section or possible the "review" section. Let's put a face to the name and get you some friends with a common interest so your experiences with kratom can be better appreciated by folks here.

Tue, December 1, 2009 - 6:14 AM
        I am in a lot of pain lately. Its a big portion of why I get grumpy sometimes. My doctors are still trying to figure out my case. This tumor in my thyroid might be contributing to my auto-immune problems. I will hopefully feel better when I get it out. Less stressed for sure.

Right now Im good on opiates, but I may use Kratom to ween myself off down the road. I am yet to try it in combination with my prescription opiates.

Recent topics in "Kratom"