Advertisement

techniques to reduce nausea?

topic posted Tue, February 26, 2008 - 1:28 AM by  arun
Share/Save/Bookmark
has anyone tried methods other than oral ingestion?
do you think it would work as an enema?
any reason not to try this (like lethal side-effects or such)?
can it be cooked down to a pretty concentrated liquid and then up it goes?
I do not want to waste my kratom, and so i am asking a forum first...
I have tried drinking teas of it, but my stomach reactions have put me off it...
posted by:
arun
Portland
Advertisement
  • Re: techniques to reduce nausea?

Tue, February 26, 2008 - 5:57 AM
    Some types like maeng da have less nausea plus you need less of it. I bet some pill curing ( chinese formula) would help.
    I don't know about a supository but I will supply the resin if you will test it for us. It would be great to know.

Tue, February 26, 2008 - 6:44 AM
      I've never experienced any nausea. I just eat it in gelcaps, no problem. Probably the nausea will subside after repeated use.
      I couldn't see any situation where I would use it as a suppository, lol.
      I did whip up some yopo once in a gelatin and try that. that's my method of last resort- I just have athing about not getting a rush off things going up my ass...lol

Tue, March 4, 2008 - 9:34 AM
        I do get headaches about 5 hours after a dose, kind of like a lame cocaine comedown. It's rather a drag, actually.

Wed, March 5, 2008 - 7:30 AM
          I've only had a headache the once. I do sometimes wake up the next day feeling a bit dazed though. Like a mild alcohol hang over.

Same with nausea, had it once of twice when I dosed a little too much, but that's about it. I seems to go away after regular use. I think ginger would help as a natural remedy.

Wed, March 5, 2008 - 1:42 PM
            I could be wrong but I am 98% positive that it is a dehydration headache. The maeng da is a VERY strong diuretic and the Indonesian leaf and thai is also. I bet if enough water and electrolytes were consumed (mostly potassium) I bet energy levels would be normal and headaches would be gone.

Wed, March 5, 2008 - 2:33 PM
              Good idea. I live in the desert, summers' coming, good idea to get back in the habit of drinking alot.
              • Unsu...

Re: techniques to reduce nausea?

Fri, April 4, 2008 - 12:29 AM
                Thats been my experience, it warms and drys the spleen, so i knew to drink alot more water than normal, and all those side effects go away.

Sat, May 17, 2008 - 10:36 AM
                  I don't think it's the type or dose that affects it. In my experience, the amount of nausea depends on the amount of undesirable junk in that batch. Sharp veins or granules of seeds, an especially sand will irritate ANY stomach -especially if there's nothing in it to stop that junk from settling in one spot. Eat a slice of bread or some crackers first. If you make tea, try to avoid drinking anything granular that still settles to the bottom of the cup after several stirrings. Get a little bit of that stuff and rub it between your fingers. If it feels like fine-grit sandpaper, then it's not something you want getting intimate with the pits in your gastric mucosa. See: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gray1053.png

Mon, November 14, 2011 - 1:05 PM
    Here is a 100% effective way to reduce nausea:

Motion sickness Medication; i.e.: Bonine, Dramamine, etc. (Bonine is more optimal as it does not cause as much drowsiness.)

The reason behind this is that kratom causes motion sickness, as do opiates. This is a very little known fact. From what I have been told, if one were to be using kratom insense, it would be a smart idea to consume a Bonine at least 30 minutes prior. From what I have been told, this is effective at least 95% of the time.

One more tip, if one had a hangover, kratom is a no-go. No matter how much bonine or dramamine one took, the body will not be able to get past the motion sickness if one were to use kratom insense. The nausea is actually so bad, it will pretty wreck your entire day.

Recent topics in "Kratom"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Kratom Suppliers ( Favorites, Experiences, and Quality ) Charles 19 February 3, 2014
Kratom wholesale BIKHUK skip 0 February 3, 2014
Where exactly is kratom illegal? Parad 20 November 14, 2013
Ebay ban on kratom Parad 19 November 14, 2013